Motorhomes and Camper-VANS
Your Home In Our Woodland Glade
Surrounded and overhung by beautiful Highland woodland and located beside a Highland river. You can even catch your supper if you wish.
Link up to our power and water facilities at your pitch and tune in to our free WiFi to Skype friends and family back home.
There is a BBQ area available to use and also a central covered cooking area. Also make use of our modern toilet and shower block. This is the perfect location to relax and rest away from the pressures of everyday life.
Just enjoy the tranquil site, the surrounding area or venture further afield. From here you can tour a vast amount of the Highlands without doubling back on yourself.
Here are just a selection of day tours:
- Head north to Glen Affric, then along Strathglass to Beauly. Visit the 13th Century Priory visited by Mary Queen of Scots then head across the Black Isle stopping at Fortrose Cathedral, the historic town of Cromarty, watching for dolphins as you cross the Beauly Firth en route back to Loch Ness and our base in Glen Urquhart.
- Head south to Loch Ness then west to Glen Moriston travelling through magnificent Glen Shiel to the west coast. Visit Eilean Donan castle then return via Strathcarron and Beauly.
- Head south to Loch Ness then east through Inverness calling at Culloden Battlefield, Cawdor Castle then on to the home of malt whisky in Strathspey. A connoisseur? Why not take one of the deluxe distillery tours at the Macallan or Aberlour and enjoy the frantic activity of the Cooperage.
- Head south then over the top to join the great north road. Pass along the lovely east coast and make a stop to remember at Dunrobin Castle, taking in the falconry. Continue north to John O'Groats then head west and complete the loop back via historic Dingwall.
- Take a circular tour of Loch Ness seeing Urquhart Castle, St Columba's Well, Telford's Bridge, Fort Augustus Abbey, Cumin's Seat then follow single track roads through pretty Foyers and past the spooky Boleskine of Led Zeppelin and Aleister Crowley fame. Finish your circular excursion by coming through Inverness and back along the loch side or over the top via Blackfold.
- Head south then down to Fort William on a trail of forts and castles. Turn this into a longer circular day by driving to Mallaig, taking the ferry to Armadale and returning over the Isle of Skye and back via Glen Shiel or Strathcarron.
Your base is located just a few miles from the famous Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition where Nessie is used as a backdrop to understanding this great loch, its natural history, flora, fauna, extraordinary underwater waves, climate and the history of humans in the Highlands explored through sediment cores going back more than ten thousand years.
Urquhart Castle is also close and you can buy special explorer tickets which allow you to visit all manner of Historic Scotland properties during your stay. Urquhart also regularly hosts re-enactments of battles and other heritage events.
The nearest pub/Restaurant is just a few miles away with fine dining available at restaurants in Drumnadrochit and Strathglass.
Prices from ... Nightly cost 2 persons £16, additional extra person £4, child £2.
Bearnock Country Centre (BCC) Lochness,
Highland. IV63 6TN
Mob : 07780603045